Pub Date 25 Apr 2017
In a windswept British seaside town, single mom Alice Lake finds a man sitting on the beach outside her house. He has no name, no jacket, and no idea how he got there. Against her better judgment, she invites him inside.
Meanwhile, in a suburb of London, twenty-one-year-old Lily Monrose has only been married for three weeks. When her new husband fails to come home from work one night she is left stranded in a new country where she knows no one. Then the police tell her that her husband never existed.
Twenty-three years earlier, Gray and Kirsty are teenagers on a summer holiday with their parents. Their annual trip to the quaint seaside town is passing by uneventfully, until an enigmatic young man starts paying extra attention to Kirsty. Something about him makes Gray uncomfortable—and it’s not just that he’s playing the role of protective older brother.
Two decades of secrets, a missing husband, and a man with no memory are at the heart of this brilliant new novel, filled with the “beautiful writing, believable characters, pacey narrative, and dark secrets” (London Daily Mail) that make Lisa Jewell so beloved by audiences on both sides of the Atlantic.
A Note From the Publisher
· “I’m always anxious about reading books by friends, as it is a nightmare if you don’t like them and have to find a way to evade saying so. But, I’ve never read a book by Lisa that I didn’t love. In this case, I ended up reading the whole thing in a day which is always a pleasure, and makes you feel as if you’ve had a little holiday from your own life.”- JoJo Moyes, author of ME BEFORE YOU, in US Weekly
- National advertising
- National print and online media campaign
- Author Tour/BEA appearances
- Extensive ARC mailing
- Book club outreach
- Promote via S&S Ed/Library
- Cross promotion with the author’s social media: Facebook and Twitter
- Online promotions and features
- Downloadable assets available